Monday, July 21, 2008

Pioneer Spirit

I missed this great activity at church that celebrated the pioneer spirit and included a country store, demonstrations or quilt making, butter churning, and other pioneer crafts. There was also an appearance by our talented young people as a our musical performers. And there were treats like homemade scones, homemade ice cream, cookies, rolls, etc. Fortunately for me, at least one cookie and some rolls made it home. Of course, Mom had to defend those from Jessi and David.


1 comment:

Mandi said...

What a special event. I love pioneer things. One time when we were little my parents took us to Martin's cove and we pulled hand carts and it is the most memorable childhood experiance I have! I will never forget how hard it was and how grateful I am for the pioneers. luv you! Mandi