Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jacob 3

10 Wherefore, ye shall remember your children, how that ye have grieved their hearts because of the example that ye have set before them; and also, remember that ye may, because of your filthiness, bring your children unto destruction, and their sins be heaped upon your heads at the last day.

As I look back at the example I have set for my children, I hope that all together it was a positive one. Far less than perfect, I hope I have been consistent about the things that really matter. I love them and want them to be blessed and have joy and happiness in their lives.

Being a parent is an awful responsibility. But look into the bright blue eyes of a sweet granddaughter and have her say, "I love you, Grandpa," and your soul wants to sing. Endure to the end in following the Savior and in love and charity for those you care about most, and I'm convinced that they will love and honor you in the end.

No comments: