Thursday, August 27, 2009

2 Nephi 21

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, for the cearth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

I was walking this afternoon -- I have to take a break most days and just go for a walk. Besides, the air conditioning in the office building is a little too efficient. Looking up at the sky I had that brief sensation that comes from time to time. The clouds were rimmed with silver. A few puddles shimmered in the sun on the pavement. Birds were settled quietly into trees along the edge of the parking lot. There was this moment of stillness and quiet in my mind and heart. I thought about how wonderful it will be for all who are present when Christ returns -- when the every ear hears, every knee bows, and every tongue confesses that He lives. There will be peace and rejoicing. I love these words from Psalms 46:

9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

No comments: