Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mosiah 8

Mosiah 8: "20 O how marvelous are the works of the Lord, and how long doth he suffer with his people; yea, and how blind and impenetrable are the understandings of the children of men; for they will not seek wisdom, neither do they desire that she should rule over them!
21 Yea, they are as a wild flock which fleeth from the shepherd, and scattereth, and are driven, and are devoured by the beasts of the forest."


Wisdom is available to all who seek it. But not only do we not look for the truth, we don't want the truth. The truth gets in the way of our own wishes and desires. If we know God and if we know His will concerning us, then we are faced with a choice that many don't want to make -- to follow Him and keep His commandments or turn from Him and leave the safety of His arms for the danger of the world. I love the Savior. His invitation (one of my favorite passages) is so comforting --

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my
yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is
easy, and my burden is light.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm listening to MOtab sing "prone to wander Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love" I have often pondered why? Why am I prone to leave the God I love so much? Your post sums it up well. It is because of the distractions in my heart, and my life that pull me from what is good. I love that we have the scriptures and the temple to draw us back and help us feel the joy He wants us to have.