Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Alma 26

This chapter is so rich in truth. Please read it for yourself. I will only highlight one idea.

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things

Their friends in the city of Zarahemla derided them for thinking that the Lamanites might be reclaimed. Ammon even asks "could we have supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?" (v. 1) When we proceed in faith doing what we think is right, we often cannot see how things will possibly work out. That's what faith in the Lord is -- proceeding with hope and trusting in him that he has power to make us equal to the task. In his strength we truly can do all things.

No comments: