Monday, February 22, 2010

3 Nephi 29-30

I tried to post over the weekend from Janet's new smart phone, but it was a little more complicated than I could manage.

The last two chapters of the book of third Nephi are just 11 verses. Chapter 29 is Mormon's prediction that the coming forth of the Book of Mormon is a sign that the Lord has started to gather Israel and fulfill His covenants. I have been reading a biography of the prophet Joseph Smith, and something occurred to me as I read about his associates. The Book of Mormon had a profound effect on many of them. Even those who developed differences with Joseph and left the church retained their faith in and their testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is a powerful additional witness of the divinity and reality of Jesus Christ. It is the source of my testimony of the gospel as well.

Mormon calls on all Gentiles to repent, to come to Christ, to be baptized, to be filled with the Holy Ghost, and to be numbered with the house of Israel.

No comments: