- There were no contentions or disputations among them
- Every man dealt justly
- They shared of their temporal goods willingly
- There were no poor
- There were no slaves or bondmen
- All partook equally of spiritual things
- They fasted and prayed often
- They met together often to pray together and to hear the word of God
- There were mighty miracles performed among them
15 . . . because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.
16 And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.
17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.
18 And how blessed were they! For the Lord did bless them in all their doings; yea, even they were blessed and prospered until an hundred and ten years had passed away; and the first generation from Christ had passed away, and there was no contention in all the land.
The gospel is the one path to unity and harmony. As people look to Christ and live His teachings, they see one another as brother and sister. There is no need for treaties and negotiations for people to live in peace. They live in peace one with another because they love God and they love one another. Following the Savior will bring peace, love, and harmony to a family in the same way it does to a nation.