Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ether 12

2 And Ether was a prophet of the Lord; wherefore Ether came forth in the days of Coriantumr, and began to prophesy unto the people, for he could not be restrained because of the Spirit of the Lord which was in him.
3 For he did cry from the morning, even until the going down of the sun, exhorting the people to believe in God unto repentance lest they should be destroyed, saying unto them that by faith all things are fulfilled—
4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.


When our life is imbued with the Spirit of the Lord, we can't be restrained from sharing what we know to be true. Associating with recent converts is the most invigorating experience because they love the gospel. It reminds us of why we accepted baptism and made the covenants we have made.

The gospel is an anchor to my soul and blesses me with hope that things will be good after trials. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.


27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


In Christ, all things are possible. The children's song "Jesus Loves Me" includes the phrase "we are weak, but He is strong." In Jacob 4, we read

7 Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.

No comments: