Thursday, March 25, 2010

Moroni 8

I love my children in a way I never imagined possible. I think of them continually and want more than anything else for them to have joy, peace, and happiness in their lives. I want them to have all of the blessings that flow from faith in Jesus Christ and obedience to His commandments. So, when I read the beginning of this tender letter from Mormon to his son Moroni, my heart responds. Mormon writes exactly what I feel.

3 I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.


Mormon was forced to condemn the growing practice of infant baptism with these words:

10 Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children.
11 And their little children need no repentance, neither baptism. Behold, baptism is unto repentance to the fulfilling the commandments unto the remission of sins.
12 But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; 


Who could believe that an innocent little child could be damned because of the absence of an earthly ordinance?

No comments: