Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Moroni 6

5 And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls.

Our weekly church meetings are a safe harbor in the stormy seas of life. I look forward to that respite from the rush of every day events. When my heart is prepared, I can attend sacrament meeting and feel peace as I contemplate the sacrifice of the Savior. I feel His love as I sit quietly and take the emblems of bread and water in remembrance of Him. The pattern of our meetings is then to spend the remainder of the time speaking "with one another concerning the welfare of [our] souls." In our current ward, our gospel doctrine teacher teaches pure doctrine and always ends her lesson with her heart-felt testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel uplifted and ready to be better. What a great way to begin each week.

No comments: