Sunday, March 28, 2010

Moroni 10

3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.


As I conclude my 40th reading of the Book of Mormon, I testify that I have asked God if the book is true, and God has manifested the truth of it to me by the power of the Holy Ghost. It is the word of God. My reading and study of the Book of Mormon has been the key to my witness of Jesus Christ. He lives and love us. I feel my Savior's love as I read of these ancient Americans who knew of Him and taught His truths.


22 And if ye have no hope ye must needs be in despair; and despair cometh because of iniquity.

When you have hope, there is no reason to despair. I have known people who have faced incredible tragedy in their lives but who have found a way to look forward with hope and faith and have not been miserable or despairing in any way.

23 And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love this post. It is exactly what I needed today. The scriptures are wonderful things and I am so happy to know that I can always have them at my fingertips.