Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moroni 2

1 The words of Christ, which he spake unto his disciples, the twelve whom he had chosen, as he laid his hands upon them—
2 And he called them by name, saying: Ye shall call on the Father in my name, in mighty prayer; and after ye have done this ye shall have power that to him upon whom ye shall lay your hands, ye shall give the Holy Ghost; and in my name shall ye give it, for thus do mine apostles.


I'm grateful that the priesthood authority and power to convey the gift and promise of the Holy Ghost has been restored. Last weekend, I had the honor and privilege of exercising that priesthood power to confirm my sweet granddaughter a member of the church and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. When we have received that ordinance, we have the right to the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit as long as we live our lives in a way that qualifies us for His presence. I have felt His presence often when troubled, perplexed, or just joyful. The Savior promised his disciples in John 14

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

No comments: